How To Get Interviewed on Radio & TV
How do you get media coverage?
Should I hire a PR firm?
Should I hire an agent?
You can, but you’re probably not ready. First you need to get interviewed on TV & Radio. Here’s how.
How To Make Money Podcasting
20-year radio vet and “pioneer of podcasting” Matt Dubiel talks about using podcasting for business at Rev3 Innovation Center in Naperville.
Let your customers balance your checkbook!
Let your customers handle your payroll!
Let your customers pay your mortgage!
If you don’t let your clients balance your checkbook, handle payroll, and pay your mortgage…why in the world would you depend on their WORD OF MOUTH to drive your sales?
When you surrender to WORD OF MOUTH you make someone else responsible for the REVENUE you NEED in order to pay those bills…so you might as well hand over the checkbook.
If YOU are not GREAT at getting the word out about your business, product or service…
What makes you think your customers will be GREAT at getting the word out for you?
Relying on #wordofmouth is GAMBLING.
Worse yet, it enables you to point the blame at your customers for not sharing enough, when in fact it is YOUR DUTY to work on YOUR business, not your client’s responsibility.
Get GREAT at getting the word out to the right people, and hire someone GREAT to help you.
The fastest way to get MORE customers is to ADVERTISE.
But Advertising costs money 🙁
Although it is a write-off…it IS tax deductible (I’m not a CPA, talk to a CPA about CPA stuff)
Here’s what costs MORE than the cost of Advertising:
- #1 Not Advertising – If you have a GREAT product or service, and you don’t advertise, YOUR business is missing out on the rapid and exponential growth you WILL experience from telling MORE of the RIGHT people about YOUR business faster, NOW. This will cost you MILLIONS in MISSED opportunities, and lost revenue. It will keep you stuck in success. Stuck is dangerous no matter where you are stuck because your business is just one or two emergencies away from going under if you haven’t fortified every side of it. I believe you are being treasonous to your business, staff, vendors, family and future clients if you are not maximizing your ability to serve more people powerfully. They all need you.
- #2 Advertising Garbage – If you have a mediocre product or service and you DO advertise, YOUR business is missing out on discovering how bad things really are FASTER. It’s not smart to waste money advertising a crappy product or service, HOWEVER if you do, and you pivot quickly, you can discover what’s broke, fix what’s broke and turn your business around. Most businesses that are in trouble don’t know how bad it is. Watch one episode of Bar Rescue and Kitchen Nightmares, or drive up and down your local main street to see the results. There’s no room to be delivering any less than greatness in these times if you want longevity in your business.
- #3 Spending Money on Stuff that Pretends to Be Advertising – If you spend money on EVERYTHING else, from chamber memberships to SEO and social media management…your product and service is just ok, your current client base is not as happy as they can be, and not spreading the word of mouth about YOU….and you are not tracking the return on investment of those above services…YOU are pissing away thousands and costing your business MILLIONS.
The best word of mouth brands in the world ADVERTISE.
The best SEO’d businesses in the world ADVERTISE.
So why don’t you?
There’s 2 reasons you don’t ADVERTISE.
- You don’t believe in you or your product/service.
- You don’t work with someone you trust to help you.
Working with me is not FREE, it’s not cheap, and it’s not all puppy dogs and ice-cream…however, for the few clients I do work with directly, it’s effective, inspiring, and I deliver RETURN ON INVESTMENT every time. Part of that is picking the RIGHT clients. If we’re a good fit, I’ll show you how to choose the right clients for you too 😉